Re: [mythsoc] "Isildur"?

  • Diego Seguí
    Message 1 of 6 , May 20, 2010
      There is an interview with the author (and the Spanish translator) here:

      He says he began writing as early as 1975, but first published it online in 1998. Near the end he touches on the copyright issue. There is also a review here:

      Diego Seguí

      Message 2 of 6 , May 20, 2010
        The publisher, CreateSpace, is Amazon's self-publishing print-on-demand apparatus, so this is clearly fan-fiction. But in this day and age, self-published fan-fiction can reach an international audience. I don't know anything about The Crawford Press (publisher of the 1994 edition). Perhaps it's a vanity press?

        I would guess the Estate knows nothing about this, or they would surely have prevented its publication. I don't see them agreeing to it just for a royalty. Wow. I hate seeing this kind of thing.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 20, 2010
          I now recall that I saw this thing online - I presume it was this; it had something to do with Isildur - some time in the mid-90s. However, it quickly bored me to death and consequently I did not survive to tell, or warn, others about it.