Re: [mythsoc] Re: Lewis and Gresham

    Message 1 of 5 , May 18, 2010
      "Margaret L. Carter" <mlcvamp@...> wrote:

      >Fascinating -- thanks. If I'd ever read those details, I'd forgotten.
      >I'd thought Lewis's main ground for considering the marriage
      >dissolvable was Bill's adultery.

      Bill gets it in the neck either way. If he's married to Joy - and he and Joy certainly considered themselves married, and they were legally so - he's unfaithful to her. If he's still married to his first wife, he's doubly unfaithful to her.

      >Interesting that Bill Gresham seemed to have a history of infidelity to
      >wives.

      He wouldn't be the only one, but we don't know much about that here in the rarified world of Inklings studies. (Who was that Phyllis Jones person again?)