For Neil Gaiman Fans

  • Edith Crowe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2010
      At the following link you'll find two video hours of Neil Gaiman talking (divided in two parts). See below for an explanation of why and a bit of what.

      "Author Neil Gaiman spoke to more than 700 library lovers and fans as part of an online event during National Library Week. The Newbery Medal winning author for “The Graveyard Book” was the Honorary Chair of National Library Week 2010 (April 11-17).

      Watch the video to learn more on Gaiman’s thoughts on libraries and librarians, from the time he was a child in England (“I read my way through the children’s library, and it was wonderful…and I discovered the miracle of the concept of interlibrary loan.”) to coming to America and becoming involved in intellectual freedom issues (“I went from thinking of librarians as these sweet people…to thinking of them as warriors with bloodied swords out on the front lines of the First Amendment.”)"

      --
      Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
      The Mythopoeic Society