RE: [mythsoc] Jeeves and Wooster

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010

      Well, there is:

      "Very good," I said coldly. "In that case, tinkerty tonk."

      And I meant it to sting.

      From chapter 19, Right Ho, Jeeves (Bertie to Angela)

      Janet

      Can any of the Wodehouse fans here tell me where the following quote is from:
      "Oh," I said, and I meant it to sting.

      (Sorry to be off-topic here, but I have been looking for this for _years_.)

      -- Ernie

    • davise@cs.nyu.edu
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010
        Thanks! -- Ernie