Jeeves and Wooster

  • davise@cs.nyu.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010
      Can any of the Wodehouse fans here tell me where the following quote is from:
      "Oh," I said, and I meant it to sting.

      (Sorry to be off-topic here, but I have been looking for this for _years_.)

      -- Ernie
    • Croft, Janet B.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010

        Well, there is:

        "Very good," I said coldly. "In that case, tinkerty tonk."

        And I meant it to sting.

        From chapter 19, Right Ho, Jeeves (Bertie to Angela)

        Janet

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010