Re: Simon Tolkien on The Diane Rehm Show today at 11:00

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2010
      Oh that's nice to know, Jo - I remember sitting with Simon at the Tolkien Centenary banquet at Keble; what an amazing evening that was - what an amazing week that was!!!

      -- Lynn --

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Jo Foster" <jfoster@...> wrote:

      > You can also get her show as a free podcast off I-tunes.
      >

      > Jo Foster
      >

      > _____

    • Mike Foster
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 16, 2010
        I think young Simon may have been poaching our wine at Keble banquet in 1992 until Jan Long brought him up with a sharp Milwaukee "Hey!" rebuke.

        Mike

        Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 4:55 PM
        Subject: [mythsoc] Re: Simon Tolkien on The Diane Rehm Show today at 11:00

        Oh that's nice to know, Jo - I remember sitting with Simon at the Tolkien Centenary banquet at Keble; what an amazing evening that was - what an amazing week that was!!!

        -- Lynn --

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups .com, "Jo Foster" <jfoster@... > wrote:

        > You can also get her
        show as a free podcast off I-tunes.

        > Jo
        Foster

        href="mailto:mythsoc@yahoogroups.com">mythsoc@yahoogroups .com [mailto:mythsoc@yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of
        href="mailto:mythsoc%40yahoogroups.com">mythsoc@yahoogroups .com

        site is http://thedianerehm
        href="http://thedianerehmshow.org/">http://thedianerehm show.org/> show.org/.

        > Wendell Wagner
        >

        > __________ Information from ESET NOD32
        Antivirus, version of virus signature

        > The message was checked by ESET NOD32
        Antivirus.

        href="http://www.eset.com">http://www.eset. com

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5035 (20100416) __________

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26, 2010
          Simon? Hmmm, don't remember that... he's not that much younger than I am and you're not that much older, so... perhaps a different Tolkien grandson? ;)

          -- Lynn --