Simon Tolkien on The Diane Rehm Show today at 11:00

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2010
      J. R. R. Tolkien's grandson, Simon, will be on The Diane Rehm Show this morning (April 13) at 11:00. He will be talking about his grandfather well as his own new novel. It's possible to listen to it online. This is on many NPR stations.  The web site is http://thedianerehm show.org/.

      Wendell Wagner
    • Jo Foster
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 13, 2010

        You can also get her show as a free podcast off I-tunes.

        Jo Foster

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5024 (20100413) __________

        http://www.eset.com

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5024 (20100413) __________

        http://www.eset.com
      • lynnmaudlin
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 16, 2010
          Oh that's nice to know, Jo - I remember sitting with Simon at the Tolkien Centenary banquet at Keble; what an amazing evening that was - what an amazing week that was!!!

          -- Lynn --

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Jo Foster" <jfoster@...> wrote:

          > You can also get her show as a free podcast off I-tunes.
          >

          > Jo Foster
          >

          > _____

        • Mike Foster
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 16, 2010
            I think young Simon may have been poaching our wine at Keble banquet in 1992 until Jan Long brought him up with a sharp Milwaukee "Hey!" rebuke.

            Mike

            Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 4:55 PM

            Oh that's nice to know, Jo - I remember sitting with Simon at the Tolkien Centenary banquet at Keble; what an amazing evening that was - what an amazing week that was!!!

            -- Lynn --

            --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups .com, "Jo Foster" <jfoster@... > wrote:

            > You can also get her
            show as a free podcast off I-tunes.

            > Jo
            Foster

            href="mailto:mythsoc@yahoogroups.com">mythsoc@yahoogroups .com [mailto:mythsoc@yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of
            href="mailto:mythsoc%40yahoogroups.com">mythsoc@yahoogroups .com

            site is http://thedianerehm
            href="http://thedianerehmshow.org/">http://thedianerehm show.org/> show.org/.

            > The message was checked by ESET NOD32
            Antivirus.

            href="http://www.eset.com">http://www.eset. com

            __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5035 (20100416) __________

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 26, 2010
              Simon? Hmmm, don't remember that... he's not that much younger than I am and you're not that much older, so... perhaps a different Tolkien grandson? ;)

              -- Lynn --