Re: The Lord of the Rings wins Tournament of Novels

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2010
      your blogging software isn't taking comments (fie!) - not unless your comments are moderated AND there's no message to that effect?

      Anyway, I wrote:
      Okay, for the THIRD time (annoying blogging software, we hates it, we hates it forever!!): I expect Twain had his 'fan-boys' at the time; he was very popular, after all. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was 50 years or so before his work was viewed as "literature."

      What's different now is the level of inter-connectivity; starting with the invention of xerography and inexpensive postage one could write a fanzine and find other like-minded souls. This also enabled many special-interest organizations to flourish, such as the Mythopoeic Society. And now, of course, we have the InterWebs and Ungoliant...

      -- Lynn --