Query via CorSec--speaking Quenya/Sindarin

  • Edith Crowe
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2010
      Any ideas for this seeker? Or does anyone know for sure no such thing exists? Hmmm, "Rosetta Stone: Quenya"...

      "Some friends and I are interested in learning to speak Quenya or Sindarin. I was wondering if any audio materials exist to help with pronunciation, and if so, where I could buy them."

      --
      Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
      The Mythopoeic Society
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15, 2010
        Edith:
           I don't know about others on the list, but the version of your post I saw didn't include the original query you seem to have been forwarding.
        --John R.

        On Mar 15, 2010, at 5:32 PM, Edith Crowe wrote:
        Any ideas for this seeker? Or does anyone know for sure no such thing exists? Hmmm, "Rosetta Stone: Quenya"...

        "Some friends and I are interested in learning to speak Quenya or Sindarin. I was wondering if any audio materials exist to help with pronunciation, and if so, where I could buy them."

        --
        Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
        The Mythopoeic Society
        http://www.mythsoc.org | correspondence@...
        The Mythopoeic Society website http://www.mythsoc.org

      • Jason Fisher
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 16, 2010
          Edith,

          I know of nothing like systematic audio lessons in the languages (though there might be something out there). But there is a lot of very good audio in Quenya and Sindarin (as well as others of Tolkien's invented languages and several relevant real-world languages) at this web site:

          Jason

          http://www.mythsoc. org | correspondence@ mythsoc.org