The Elvish Bible?

  • John Rateliff
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 11, 2010
      Does anyone know if there's been an "Elvish Bible" project, in which linguists construct their best approximation of what various parts of the Bible might read like in Sindarin or Quenya? I've just had a request for Zephaniah 3.12-30, and I must confessed I'm stumped.
      Any suggestions much appreciated.
      --John R.
    • Jason Fisher
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11, 2010
        Not an *entire* Bible translation, to my knowledge, but a number of people have made translations of individual books with varying levels of success. Probably the most accomplished are those of Helge Fauskanger.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 11, 2010
          Oh, and in case you want to see for yourself, take a look at Helge's Ardalambion website (http://folk.uib.no/hnohf/). There, he's posted parts of Genesis, Matthew, Luke, and John in Quenya. I seem to recall that he's done some others as well — e.g., parts of Revelation? — discussed on the Elfling listserv. I've seen some of the Psalms as well, but I don't have a handy link to share at the moment.

          Jase