Re: Mythprint delay & evolution

  • not_thou
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2010
      I just got the second electronic issue of Mythprint, and I see that congratulations to Jason are in order! And thanks to Janet and the other stewards for producing two issues in the interim.

      -Merlin

      --- "lynnmaudlin" <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:
      > In case you haven't noticed... Mythprint #332 has been
      > delayed. Editor Ginger McElwee has been forced to resign
      > suddenly due to family care issues. The stewards will produce
      > an issue as soon as possible while seeking a new editor...
    • lynnmaudlin
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2010
        YES indeed, I'm delighted to announce, for those who have not yet read their Mythprints, that Jason Fisher has taken on the editing of Mythprint - I'm very excited to see what changes and developments ensue!

        I know that Jason will be along shortly to solicit contributions and I will leave it to him to specify the email address he will use for Mythprint purposes (although you can always use mythprint AT mythsoc DOT org, when it comes to that).

        -- Lynn --

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "not_thou" <emptyD@...> wrote:

        > I just got the second electronic issue of Mythprint, and I see that congratulations to Jason are in order! And thanks to Janet and the other stewards for producing two issues in the interim.
        >
        > -Merlin
        >

        > --- "lynnmaudlin" <lynnmaudlin@> wrote:
        > > In case you haven't noticed... Mythprint #332 has been
        > > delayed. Editor Ginger McElwee has been forced to resign
        > > suddenly due to family care issues. The stewards will produce
        > > an issue as soon as possible while seeking a new editor...

      • Oberhelman, D
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3, 2010

          Jason was just emailing me (about the awards nominees, which have gone out to the committees), and would like to use his visualweasel@... for the Steward’s list.  I think he will go with the mythprint mythsoc.org address for official purposes, but Randy should double check with him first before forwarding.

          David

          YES indeed, I'm delighted to announce, for those who have not yet read their Mythprints, that Jason Fisher has taken on the editing of Mythprint - I'm very excited to see what changes and developments ensue!

          I know that Jason will be along shortly to solicit contributions and I will leave it to him to specify the email address he will use for Mythprint purposes (although you can always use mythprint AT mythsoc DOT org, when it comes to that).

          -- Lynn --

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "not_thou" <emptyD@...> wrote:

          > I just got the second electronic issue of Mythprint, and I see that
          congratulations to Jason are in order! And thanks to Janet and the other stewards for producing two issues in the interim.

          > -Merlin
          >

          > --- "lynnmaudlin" <lynnmaudlin@> wrote:
          > > In case you haven't noticed... Mythprint #332 has been
          > > delayed. Editor Ginger McElwee has been forced to resign
          > > suddenly due to family care issues. The stewards will produce
          > > an issue as soon as possible while seeking a new editor...

        • Jason Fisher
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 3, 2010
            Thanks, Merlin and Lynn -- and to others I've heard from privately.

            I am delighted to assume the post of Mythrpint editor, and I look forward to hearing from readers and contributors starting immediately. It is with great humility that I take on the mantle of a periodical which has been published continuously for the past forty years -- matching my own lifetime almost exactly -- and a mantle worn by so many capable editors before me. My thanks to all of them, and most especially to Janet for generously filling in on the last two issues. Having said that, you can be sure I'll find ways to put my own stamp on Mythprint. And fortunately, this is no longer a *postage* stamp! :)

            The Mythprint email address -- mythprint [at] mythsoc [dot] org -- has been set up to forward to me already, so please use that address to contact me about the newsletter. And please, all of you, consider this message an official invitation for you to send me book reviews, news items, and announcements. I would also like to get back to publishing short original articles, as Mythprint used to do (and as Amon Hen still does).

            Jason Fisher
            Editor, Mythprint

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 3, 2010
              Jason, I'm thrilled you want to include short articles; there are many which aren't appropriate to the high scholarship of Mythlore but thought-provoking and excellent for Mythprint purposes - yay!!

              -- Lynn --

              > Thanks, Merlin and Lynn -- and to others I've heard from privately.
              >
              > I am delighted to assume the post of Mythrpint editor, and I look forward to hearing from readers and contributors starting immediately. It is with great humility that I take on the mantle of a periodical which has been published continuously for the past forty years -- matching my own lifetime almost exactly -- and a mantle worn by so many capable editors before me. My thanks to all of them, and most especially to Janet for generously filling in on the last two issues. Having said that, you can be sure I'll find ways to put my own stamp on Mythprint. And fortunately, this is no longer a *postage* stamp! :)
              >
              > The Mythprint email address -- mythprint [at] mythsoc [dot] org -- has been set up to forward to me already, so please use that address to contact me about the newsletter. And please, all of you, consider this message an official invitation for you to send me book reviews, news items, and announcements. I would also like to get back to publishing short original articles, as Mythprint used to do (and as Amon Hen still does).
              >
              > Jason Fisher
              > Editor, Mythprint

            • Doug Kane
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 3, 2010
                Congrats, Jason!  And good luck.  I don't think that Mythprint could be in better hands.

                Doug