Re: Harry Potter

  • Donovan Mattole
    Message 1 of 100 , Jun 17, 1999
      >From: "Matthew R. Williams" <director@...-wi.org>
      >BTW, the second Harry Potter book is out, "Harry Potter and the secret
      chamber" and the third is out in September. I have to wonder about the
      quality when they are being put out at that rate.

      The Harry Potter books have been out for a while in the UK, where the author
      lives, so they are not being written any faster, only coming to the US
      quicker. The reason is because the first one was so popular that everyone
      starting buying the second from www.Amazon.co.uk and other sources and the
      US publisher doesn't want to lose sales to their British counterparts. Makes
      sense to me.

      Happy reading!

      Donovan Mattole
      General Manager
      Borders Books & Music
      dmattole@...
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 100 of 100 , Aug 17, 2005
        From: "Stolzi" <Stolzi@...>

        > http://www.comics.com/comics/nancy/archive/nancy-20050817.html
        >
        > or
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/c5mr8

        Wow, I didn't know they were still publishing Nancy! I see they've updated
        the look of her aunt's but not Nancy herself. I guess it would be like
        Blondie and Dagwood getting different hairstyles. They're all prisoners of
        their hairdos.

        Berni