Re: TALES BEFORE NARNIA (Abusus non tollit usum)

  • Margaret L. Carter
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2010
      One interesting thing about this anthology, however, is that the
      stories are deliberately chosen from those that Lewis himself mentioned
      having read -- or, in some cases, stories by authors he was known to
      admire, such as MacDonald and Williams. Despite the appealing title,
      most of them are not Narnia-type fantasies; they relate to the full
      range of Lewis's fiction.

      I've always thought finding parallels and influences is a lot of fun. I
      agree, however, that one shouldn't fall into the reductionist trap of
      thinking such connections *explain away* an author's work.

      Margaret L. Carter