Re:[mythsoc]Re:IllustratedEditionofFouque's

  • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2010
      Well, Wendell, regarding this ---

      > I'm still waiting for an answer to the following question:
      >
      > In a message dated 1/31/2010 10:27:40 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > WendellWag@... writes:
      >
      >> So does anyone here think that "The Magic Ring" is a great story?

      Jef said he liked it enough to be pleased to illustrate it. Given the
      hours that an artist has to spend on such a task (trust me, LOTS of
      hours), that should be ONE indication for you. Then Jef's description of
      "Ivanhoe meets The Lord of the Rings", with the reference to the
      historical period setting -- those have intrigued me.

      Because of that, I'm now considering getting it. It'll have to wait till
      I have some spending money in hand, but it's now on my list.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2010
        Has anybody else here read the book?  What did you think of it?

        Wendell Wagner