Re: [mythsoc] Bonniejean Christensen dissertation request

  • Jeremy Edmonds
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29, 2010
      Thanks John!  you are correct about Volume 15 (based on the citation of Spring 1989, he wants #57 / 15:3 ).

      I don't know if he will reach out to you directly for additional assistance, but I appreciate the offer.  Thanks again.

      Jeremy

    • Edith Crowe
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2010
        ProQuest is now the vendor for these dissertations...see http://www.proquest.com/en-US/products/dissertations/.
        --
        Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
        The Mythopoeic Society

        On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Jeremy Edmonds <jeremy@...> wrote:

        Can anyone help out with this request?

        http://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=5820#forumpost5820

        * find out how close these two are in terms of content:
        o "Christensen, Bonniejean. "Tolkien's Creative Technique:
        Beowulf and The Hobbit." Mythlore 15 (Spring 1989): 4-10.
        o Christensen, Bonniejean. "Beowulf and The Hobbit: Elegy into
        Fantasy in J. R. R. Tolkien's Creative Technique."
        Dissertation, University of Southern California, 1969. DAI
        30 (1970): 4401-02A.

        He would also like to find a copy of the dissertation if possible.  I have forwarded the link for ordering back issues of Mythlore already.

      • Jeremy Edmonds
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 30, 2010
          Thanks Edith!

          I took a look at ProQuest, and it does not appear that I can create an account to search the database as an individual. I have to be a library to be able to create an account and use the database.  I will check with my local public library to see if they are a subscriber.  I don't have an affiliation with a school/university library that I can leverage at this time, unfortunately.

          Looks like a great resource, however!

          Jeremy