Re: Peter Jackson knighted

  • icelofangeln
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010
      It also doesn't hurt that he's a New Zealander, since NZ has its own system of Honours separate from the UK/Commonwealth, and PJ is probably the most famous Kiwi since Edmund Hillary. Interestingly, NZ has reversed its 2000 policy of No Knighthoods, arguably in part because of public pressure on behalf of Jackson.