Re: Mythcon Announcement

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 6, 2009
      You young'uns should take heart: I've gotten better at coping with heat as I age (think "fine wine" rather than old broad) so I didn't remember that Norman was that warm - and I had one of the little cottages so I left the building several times every day! What I remember about that was the cicadas making Big Noise-- don't have those in SoCal.

      Nah, I think it will be hard to displace the 2nd Milwaukee Mythcon (1999, Mythcon 30) from the high water mark for hot & humid Mythcons lacking air conditioning. IIRC, David & Berni abandoned the site & bought themselves a hotel room for the duration. We were right on the lake & I understand it's usually moderated by the "lake effect" so our location didn't have A/C ("you won't need it..." Famous last words).

      I missed Mary Stolzenbach's Mythcon in Nashville (*sigh* - how very sad that makes me; let that be a lesson to you: don't miss Mythcon!) - what was the weather like there?

      -- Lynn --

    • jbcroft@ou.edu
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 6, 2009
        See, not that bad! ;)