Fan Film

  • Alana Joli Abbott
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hi all,

      Just to warn folks who panned The Hunt for Gollum, those film makers are at it again. (I took the recommendations from this list and did not watch HfG myself.) Here's the release news, which I received on another mailing list.

      Hi folks,

      As of today, our friends at www.bornofhope.com
      <http://www.bornofhope.com> have made the next big LOTR fan film, /Born
      of Hope/ available to watch on the net. Director Kate Madison has been
      working on the project for over six years using some of the same
      techniques we used on /The Hunt For Gollum/. Many team members
      contributed to both films in a collaboration that benefited both
      productions through shared costumes/equipment and generally helping each
      other out. Born of Hope is even more ambitious though running in at over
      an hour long and sure to delight the fans when it goes online late this
      evening. I attach a press release.

      Hope all are well,

      Chris Bouchard

      Director of The Hunt For Gollum.

      *Today, December 1, the /Lord of the Rings/-inspired /Born of Hope/ will
      make its exclusive debut on *Dailymotion.com
      <http://www.dailymotion.com/bornofhope>* and www.bornofhope.com

      The second unofficial Lord of the Rings prequel to hit the net this
      year, Born of Hope is an even more ambitious indie production than The
      Hunt For Gollum which was released in May to 4 million views. Released
      totally free to the net, it will delight fans of the trilogy by telling
      the history of Aragorn's parents and the Dúnadain people's struggles
      against Sauron's orcs, 75 years previously. The film is an epic feature
      length adaptation of the LOTR appendices featuring huge battles, a
      tragic love story, authentic props and costumes, and high production
      values to take you back to Middle-earth once again.

      Born of Hope

      ** Born of Hope tells a new Tolkien story, boasting a host of
      characters, which have never been seen on screen before. Released
      exclusively on DailyMotion.com on the 1st of December, this UK based 70
      minute prequel is the story of Aragorn’s parents, Arathorn and Gilraen,
      and the people who sacrificed everything to keep him safe.

      Director and producer Kate Madison has put together a cast of
      professional actors, and a fantastic group of production talent, to
      capture the feel of the visual Tolkien universe Peter Jackson
      established in his trilogy. Made for a fraction of Jackson’s budget,
      probably about the same amount he spent on breakfast cereal, Born of
      Hope not only looks the part, but the original script genuinely brings a
      new dimension to The Lord of the Rings.

      Uniquely all the talent that worked on the film did so for no financial
      gain, and the budget was made up of private donations through the film’s
      web site. The Internet has been a major player in the making of the film
      as creative people from USA, Canada, Australia, Germany and New Zealand
      amongst others have been able to contribute to the script, costumes,
      props and music.

      It is therefore fitting that the film can be seen from the 1st of
      December exclusively on the film’s website (www.bornofhope.com
      <http://www.bornofhope.com/>) or DailyMotion.com <http://dailymotion.com/>.

      To see the film online, for free in HD from 7pm:/