Re: [mythsoc] Daniel Pinkwater

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2009
      The books that I would recommend are the following:

      Borgel
      Lizard Music
      The Education of Robert Nifkin (although that has no fantastic content)
      The Snarkout Boys and the Avocado of Death and The Snarkout Boys and the Baconsburg Horror
      The Neddiad and The Iggyssey

      I'm not even sure whether to class the books of Daniel Pinkwater as fantasy or science fiction or something else.  Sometimes I call him a surrealist who often uses the tropes of fantasy and science fiction.  Pinkwater himself says that he's not very interested in the dada art movement, since it didn't produce very good art, and he thinks surrealism was too boring and serious.