Re: The How and Why of Bakshi's LotR film

  • Diane Baker
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 17, 1999
      Lisa Deutsch Harrigan wrote:

      > Much better to settle and shut the matter up than trust it to the capricious US
      > courts.

      By all means, keep it out of the US courts! Capricious is hardly the
      word to describe them.

      > But "Where There's a Whip, There's a Way" is so bad, it has to be shared with those who appreciate crazy real bad stuff.

      This qualifies---even the thought of it still makes me laugh! :)

    • FrMacKen@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 17, 1999
        To all,
        Thank you for the reply. It seems like I opened a can of worms with
        that query. Or should I say a gaggle of Hobbits? Thank you as well for
        overlooking my mispelling of Ralph Bakshi.
        One thing: Can anyone tell me the web address of the new live-action
        of The Lord of the Rings? I hope that whoever does it makes a good film and
        not a farce. It will be a massive undertaking to say the least.
        Ron
      • Diane Baker
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 18, 1999
          FrMacKen@... wrote:

          > One thing: Can anyone tell me the web address of the new > live-action of The Lord of the Rings? I hope that whoever does it makes > a good film and not a farce. It will be a massive undertaking to say > the least.
          > Ron

          Here's the site, which I cut and pasted from another source. I hope it
          shows up as a site you can click on; I don't know how to do that yet.
          It was underlined when I pasted it. (You may get ten copies of this; if
          you've gotten this already, please disregard.) ---djb.

          > The official site also provides some background on the film
          > and how the art was put together...
          > http://www.lordoftherings.net/main.html
        • Jim Bohannon
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 18, 1999
            FrMacKen@... wrote:

            > One thing: Can anyone tell me the web address of the new live-action
            > of The Lord of the Rings? I hope that whoever does it makes a good film and
            > not a farce. It will be a massive undertaking to say the least.
            > Ron

            Here are the addresses Ron:

            http://www.lordoftherings.net/

            http://ringbearer.org/