Re: Inklings & Masterpiece Theatre

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2009
      I was able to watch this on the internet (being a TV-free zone) and found it delightful because Oxford is always delightful. There were amusing references to CSL & Tolkien, a scene in the Eagle & Child referencing the Inklings meeting there (but perpetrating the myth that they READ their works there - wrong! they drank & socialized there).

      There is also a realistic representation of the standard Oxford disparagement of fantasy.

      They also say CSLewis lectured while waving a sword called "the sword of truth" around his head-- (!!) okay...!

      -- Lynn --