Re: [mythsoc] Irish terms -- preferred spellings

  • alexeik@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 13, 2009
      From: Croft, Janet B. <jbcroft@...>
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Fri, Oct 9, 2009 4:43 pm
      Subject: [mythsoc] Irish terms -- preferred spellings
      I’m trying to develop editorial standards for Mythlore for a couple of
      Irish mythological terms. Anybody out there with some expertise on the
      matter care to state a scholarly preference?

      Tuatha Dé Danann or Tuatha de Danaan?

      Tír na nÓg or Tir-nan-Og or Tir Na Nog or…

      <<
      In both cases, the first of the alternatives is the correct one.
      Alexei
    • Croft, Janet B.
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 13, 2009

        Thanks!  That’s what I’ll use for Mythlore’s house style then.

        Janet