Ballantine covers

  • Robert Trexler
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2009
      This is my first post, so I hope it gets connected properly to Diane Baker's comment about the George MacDonald Ballentine covers. Besides their Lilith edition they did a collection of his stories they titled "Evenor." Rainbows and flying fish as I recall.

      If I may mention, by way of introduction, I have an independent publishing company (Zossima Press) and we've done two George MacDonald titles. One is a collection of essays from the Baylor University centennial conference at Baylor University in 2005. It's called George MacDonald: Literary Heritage and Heirs. Another title is MacDonald's book Diary of an Old Soul & The White Page Poems. The Diary part are MacDonald's poems written for each day of the year. The White Page Poems are contemporary pioems responses by contemporary poet and actress Betty Aberlin (she played the part of Lady Aberlin for 30 years on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.)

      In another week our thrid George MacDonald title will be released. It's a biography of MacDonald's son, Ronald, who lived in America for six years. This book details about his life in Asheville, NC as the headmaster of a boy's boarding school. There are previously unpublished photographs and letters.

      Anyway, thanks for inviting me to be a part of the discussion. I attended the Mythcon in 2008 because it was in Connecticut (where I'm from). But I doubt I'll have the opportunity to attend again anytime soon.

      Bob