Re: [mythsoc] The History of Middle-earth, translations - a question

  • Wayne G. Hammond
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 16, 2009
      Vincent,

      I have a question about translations. Does anyone know in how many languages The History of Middle-earth has been translated ?
      I remember that the 12 volumes have been published in Spanish, 5 are in French, and a few in Italian, but I do not know where I could find an up-to-date information about other translations.

      We included a list of translations of Tolkien's works as an appendix to the Chronology volume of our J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide. This was current up to June 2006. More information appears as addenda at http://mysite.verizon.net/wghammond/addenda/chronology.html.

      Wayne and Christina
    • ferretolk
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 16, 2009
        Thank you very much, Wayne ! I should have said that I know this list, in your book - and that I was looking for an updated list. I'll check the addenda, thank you very much

        (and I keep asking the French publisher to send you all the French translations)

        best wishes
        vincent

        Vincent Ferré

        Université Paris XIII
        Département Littérature - directeur
        Littérature générale et comparée
        http://www.univ-paris13.fr/cenel/fiches/VincentFerre.htm

        __________ Information provenant d'ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version de la base des signatures de virus 4431 (20090916) __________

        Le message a été vérifié par ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

        http://www.eset.com