The History of Middle-earth, translations - a question

  • Vincent Ferré
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 16, 2009
      Good evening to all,

      I have a question about translations. Does anyone know in how many languages The History of Middle-earth has been translated ?
      I remember that the 12 volumes have been published in Spanish, 5 are in French, and a few in Italian, but I do not know where I could find an up-to-date information about other translations.

      thanks in advance !
      best wishes
      vincent

    • Wayne G. Hammond
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 16, 2009
        Vincent,

        I have a question about translations. Does anyone know in how many languages The History of Middle-earth has been translated ?
        I remember that the 12 volumes have been published in Spanish, 5 are in French, and a few in Italian, but I do not know where I could find an up-to-date information about other translations.

        We included a list of translations of Tolkien's works as an appendix to the Chronology volume of our J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide. This was current up to June 2006. More information appears as addenda at http://mysite.verizon.net/wghammond/addenda/chronology.html.

        Wayne and Christina
      • ferretolk
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 16, 2009
          Thank you very much, Wayne ! I should have said that I know this list, in your book - and that I was looking for an updated list. I'll check the addenda, thank you very much

          (and I keep asking the French publisher to send you all the French translations)

          best wishes
          vincent

          Vincent Ferré

          Université Paris XIII
          Département Littérature - directeur
          Littérature générale et comparée
          http://www.univ-paris13.fr/cenel/fiches/VincentFerre.htm

          __________ Information provenant d'ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version de la base des signatures de virus 4431 (20090916) __________

          Le message a été vérifié par ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

          http://www.eset.com