RE: Re: [mythsoc] On Stranger Tides...the movie

  • bernip
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12 7:52 PM
      Well, I'm happy for Tim. They're likely to make a hash of the novel, but
      it's about time he got more commercial success. If it gives him enough
      money to write more of his books, I'm all for it. No one expects those
      pirate movies to be anything other than fun, so it's a win-win situation to
      me.

      Berni

      From: WendellWag@...

      > Say what? Is this really going to be based on Tim Power's On
      > Stranger Tides? This is distinctly weird if it is. You mean that
      > there going to integrate a novel published in 1988 into a movie series
      > that didn't begin appearing until 2003 and that before now has had no
      > relationship with that
      novel?

      Yes, it does seem that way.

      Joan