Re: Re: [mythsoc] On Stranger Tides...the movie

  • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12, 2009
      --- Original Message ---
      From: WendellWag@...

      > Say what? Is this really going to be based on Tim Power's On Stranger
      > Tides? This is distinctly weird if it is. You mean that there going to
      > integrate a novel published in 1988 into a movie series that didn't begin
      > appearing until 2003 and that before now has had no relationship with that
      novel?

      Yes, it does seem that way.

      (Sorry for the multiple posts. I kept getting error messages when I posted the
      messages and had the impression they had not gone to the list.)

      Joan
    • bernip
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 12, 2009
        Well, I'm happy for Tim. They're likely to make a hash of the novel, but
        it's about time he got more commercial success. If it gives him enough
        money to write more of his books, I'm all for it. No one expects those
        pirate movies to be anything other than fun, so it's a win-win situation to
        me.

        Berni

        > Say what? Is this really going to be based on Tim Power's On
        > Stranger Tides? This is distinctly weird if it is. You mean that
        > there going to integrate a novel published in 1988 into a movie series
        > that didn't begin appearing until 2003 and that before now has had no
        > relationship with that
        novel?

        Yes, it does seem that way.

        Joan