On Stranger Tides...the movie

  • ftl_publications
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12, 2009
      I have read a note that Disney has optioned On Stranger Tides by Tim Powers and will adapt it for the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

      Joan

      *****************************
      Joan Marie Verba
      FTL Publications
      http://www.ftlpublications.com
      http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/ftlpublications
    • ftl_publications
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 12, 2009
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 12, 2009
          Say what?  Is this really going to be based on Tim Power's On Stranger Tides?  This is distinctly weird if it is.  You mean that there going to integrate a novel published in 1988 into a movie series that didn't begin appearing until 2003 and that before now has had no relationship with that novel?

          Wendell Wagner
        • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 12, 2009
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 12, 2009
              Well, I'm happy for Tim. They're likely to make a hash of the novel, but
              it's about time he got more commercial success. If it gives him enough
              money to write more of his books, I'm all for it. No one expects those
              pirate movies to be anything other than fun, so it's a win-win situation to
              me.

              Berni

              > Say what? Is this really going to be based on Tim Power's On
              > Stranger Tides? This is distinctly weird if it is. You mean that
              > there going to integrate a novel published in 1988 into a movie series
              > that didn't begin appearing until 2003 and that before now has had no
              > relationship with that
              novel?

              Yes, it does seem that way.

              Joan