Tolkien Society Events

  • Jef Murray
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2009
      John,

      I for one definitely want to see Tolkien Society events
      posted here, John! There are fewer groups with a wider
      audience, and these events are important to many of us, even
      if we can't always cross the pond to get to them!

      Jef

      =================================================================== Mystical Realms - Exploring the boundaries between worlds.....
               http://www.JefMurray.com
    • Vincent Ferré
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 16, 2009
        Good evening to all,

        I have a question about translations. Does anyone know in how many languages The History of Middle-earth has been translated ?
        I remember that the 12 volumes have been published in Spanish, 5 are in French, and a few in Italian, but I do not know where I could find an up-to-date information about other translations.

        thanks in advance !
        best wishes
        vincent

      • Wayne G. Hammond
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 16, 2009
          Vincent,

          I have a question about translations. Does anyone know in how many languages The History of Middle-earth has been translated ?
          I remember that the 12 volumes have been published in Spanish, 5 are in French, and a few in Italian, but I do not know where I could find an up-to-date information about other translations.

          We included a list of translations of Tolkien's works as an appendix to the Chronology volume of our J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide. This was current up to June 2006. More information appears as addenda at http://mysite.verizon.net/wghammond/addenda/chronology.html.

          Wayne and Christina
        • ferretolk
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 16, 2009
            Thank you very much, Wayne ! I should have said that I know this list, in your book - and that I was looking for an updated list. I'll check the addenda, thank you very much

            (and I keep asking the French publisher to send you all the French translations)

            best wishes
            vincent

            Vincent Ferré

            Université Paris XIII
            Département Littérature - directeur
            Littérature générale et comparée
            http://www.univ-paris13.fr/cenel/fiches/VincentFerre.htm

            __________ Information provenant d'ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version de la base des signatures de virus 4431 (20090916) __________

            Le message a été vérifié par ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

            http://www.eset.com