2010 Tolkien Calendar

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 21 12:07 PM
      On Monday I saw next year's Tolkien Calendar for the first time -- or
      rather one of next year's calendars. This one is the "Special
      Edition" movie calendar, specifically focused on the first film,
      apparently to be followed by a Two Towers calendar in 2011 and a
      Return of the King in 2012. It's in an odd format, rather like a big
      green record album with four screen shots per month that, in sequence,
      sort of tell the story of the film in highly abbreviated pictorial
      form. It'd be interesting to go through it with someone who knows the
      story but hadn't seen the film to see how well they could follow the
      sequence and identify who's in each shot and what they're doing.

      --John R.
    • hoytrand
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 21 12:57 PM
        Thanks for pointing this one out. I know Ted Nasmith is doing a calendar for 2010:

        http://www.amazon.com/Tolkien-Calendar-2010-Ted-Nasmith/dp/0007312687

        I believe the theme is "Landscapes of the Third Age," to extend on his 2009 calendar with landscapes from the First (and Second?) Age.

        Take care,
        ~randy
      • Margaret Dean
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 21 1:11 PM
          Oooh, Ted Nasmith! That's the one *I* want!

        • aveeris523@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 22 8:36 AM
            So there are TWO calendars, one inspired by Tolkien's writings, the other
            from the LOTR movies. For some that's an important distinction!
            @:) Steve Gaddis

          • Diane Joy Baker
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 24 6:44 PM
              Me too!