Re: Mythprint March 1993

  • Merlin DeTardo
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2009
      ---John D Rateliff <sacnoth@...> wrote:
      << Does anyone here have a copy of the March 1993 MYTHPRINT (#152, or vol. 30 #3)? I'm looking for a copy of a piece by Joe R. Christopher that appeared on pages three & four: "A Visit to THE DARK TOWER". >>

      "John Rateliff has blown his slughorn and attacked; I sit back from the battle and watch."

      Check your e-mail, John. There were multiple copies of some 80 back-issues of "Mythprint" for sale at Mythcon --mostly thanks to David Bratman, to judge from the address labels-- and this one was among them.

      In addition, I'll note that it is yet possible to purchase back issues via the Mythsoc website:

      http://www.mythsoc.org/store/

      ...preferably in annual sets (mostly at $8.00 apiece), but "Individual issues may be available by special arrangement".

      -Merlin
    • John D Rateliff
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16, 2009
        On Aug 15, 2009, at 3:50 PM, Merlin DeTardo wrote:
        > Check your e-mail, John. There were multiple copies of some 80 back-
        > issues of "Mythprint" for sale at Mythcon --mostly thanks to David
        > Bratman, to judge from the address labels-- and this one was among
        > them.
        >
        > In addition, I'll note that it is yet possible to purchase back
        > issues via the Mythsoc website:
        >
        > http://www.mythsoc.org/store/
        >
        > ...preferably in annual sets (mostly at $8.00 apiece), but
        > "Individual issues may be available by special arrangement".
        >
        > -Merlin

        Yes, it sounded like a great deal. My problem is that I have most of
        the issues of MYTHLORE (I started subscribing around issue #17 I
        think) and lots and lots of MYTHPRINTS already (though by no means a
        complete set) but I haven't been able to find the box that they're all
        packed away in. When I do, I plan to order the missing issues to fill
        out the set. But I'm reluctant to buy what will turn out to be largely
        duplicate issues for my short-term convenience. If they don't show up
        in the next big search through the box room I'll have to reconsider.

        In any case, I'm glad to now have the missing piece.

        --John R.