Re: [mythsoc] Fwd: A book of drawings from the late 1960'2 or early 1970's

  • Margaret Dean
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
      Has he tried that title on Amazon? Or one of the used-book websides
      like abebooks?

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
        Here's an art book by that title, but I can't tell if it's the right book:

        _http://designarchives.aiga.org/entry.cfm/eid_2075_
        (http://designarchives.aiga.org/entry.cfm/eid_2075)

        Wendell Wagner

        _http://www.mythsoc.htt_ (http://www.mythsoc.org/) |
        _correspondence@corresponde_ (mailto:correspondence@...)

        I was in a gallery in Santa Fe today which showed several artists who
        painted in a highly fantastic style. I remembered a book of illustrations
        of a fantastic nature, creatures with snail bodies and elephant heads
        etc.,
        which was called, I believe, 'Mythopoeia'which was called, I believe, 'Myt
        evening trying to find reference to the book on the web, but due to the
        current interest in the subject of mythopoeia, I have found no reference at
        all to it. I could be mistaken about the name of the book, but I really
        believe it was 'Mythopoeia'believe it was 'Mythopoeia'<WBR>, a word which
        was u

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
          If the one he wants is really from the 1960s or 1970s, this one is too recent.

          On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:21 PM, <WendellWag@...> wrote:

          > Here's an art book by that title, but I can't tell if it's the right book:
          >
          > _http://designarchives.aiga.org/entry.cfm/eid_2075_
          > (http://designarchives.aiga.org/entry.cfm/eid_2075)
          >
          > Wendell Wagner
          >

          > In a message dated 8/8/2009 12:42:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          >
          > correspondence@... writes:
          >
          > Anybody have any ideas on this one? Ring any bells?
          >
          > --
          > Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
          > The Mythopoeic Society
          > _http://www.mythsoc.htt_ (http://www.mythsoc.org/) |
          > _correspondence@corresponde_ (mailto:correspondence@...)

        • Lynn Maudlin
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
            It's also not a book of fantastical animals... You know, the idea of this book is niggling at the back of my brain... not sure it was called "Mythopoeia" however... *sigh* Waiting to see what surfaces...

            -- Lynn --