Re: [mythsoc] Fwd: A book of drawings from the late 1960'2 or early 1970's

  • Linda DeMars
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
      I would contact the gallery where he saw it - and let us know if he
      finds out more about it.

      Linda

      On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Edith Crowe<correspondence@...> wrote:

      > Anybody have any ideas on this one? Ring any bells?
      >
      > --
      > Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
      > The Mythopoeic Society
      > http://www.mythsoc.org | correspondence@...

    • Margaret Dean
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
        Has he tried that title on Amazon? Or one of the used-book websides
        like abebooks?

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
          Here's an art book by that title, but I can't tell if it's the right book:

          _http://designarchives.aiga.org/entry.cfm/eid_2075_
          (http://designarchives.aiga.org/entry.cfm/eid_2075)

          Wendell Wagner

          _http://www.mythsoc.htt_ (http://www.mythsoc.org/) |
          _correspondence@corresponde_ (mailto:correspondence@...)

          I was in a gallery in Santa Fe today which showed several artists who
          painted in a highly fantastic style. I remembered a book of illustrations
          of a fantastic nature, creatures with snail bodies and elephant heads
          etc.,
          which was called, I believe, 'Mythopoeia'which was called, I believe, 'Myt
          evening trying to find reference to the book on the web, but due to the
          current interest in the subject of mythopoeia, I have found no reference at
          all to it. I could be mistaken about the name of the book, but I really
          believe it was 'Mythopoeia'believe it was 'Mythopoeia'<WBR>, a word which
          was u

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
            If the one he wants is really from the 1960s or 1970s, this one is too recent.

            On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:21 PM, <WendellWag@...> wrote:

            > Here's an art book by that title, but I can't tell if it's the right book:
            >
            > _http://designarchives.aiga.org/entry.cfm/eid_2075_
            > (http://designarchives.aiga.org/entry.cfm/eid_2075)
            >
            > Wendell Wagner
            >

            > In a message dated 8/8/2009 12:42:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            >
            > correspondence@... writes:
            >
            > Anybody have any ideas on this one? Ring any bells?
            >
            > --
            > Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
            > The Mythopoeic Society
            > _http://www.mythsoc.htt_ (http://www.mythsoc.org/) |
            > _correspondence@corresponde_ (mailto:correspondence@...)

          • Lynn Maudlin
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
              It's also not a book of fantastical animals... You know, the idea of this book is niggling at the back of my brain... not sure it was called "Mythopoeia" however... *sigh* Waiting to see what surfaces...

              -- Lynn --