Fwd: A book of drawings from the late 1960'2 or early 1970's

  • Edith Crowe
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
      Anybody have any ideas on this one? Ring any bells?

      --
      Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
      The Mythopoeic Society

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
        I would contact the gallery where he saw it - and let us know if he
        finds out more about it.

        Linda

        On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Edith Crowe<correspondence@...> wrote:

        > Anybody have any ideas on this one? Ring any bells?
        >
        > --
        > Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
        > The Mythopoeic Society
        > http://www.mythsoc.org | correspondence@...

      • Margaret Dean
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
          Has he tried that title on Amazon? Or one of the used-book websides
          like abebooks?

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
            Here's an art book by that title, but I can't tell if it's the right book:

            _http://designarchives.aiga.org/entry.cfm/eid_2075_
            (http://designarchives.aiga.org/entry.cfm/eid_2075)

            Wendell Wagner

            _http://www.mythsoc.htt_ (http://www.mythsoc.org/) |
            _correspondence@corresponde_ (mailto:correspondence@...)

            I was in a gallery in Santa Fe today which showed several artists who
            painted in a highly fantastic style. I remembered a book of illustrations
            of a fantastic nature, creatures with snail bodies and elephant heads
            etc.,
            which was called, I believe, 'Mythopoeia'which was called, I believe, 'Myt
            evening trying to find reference to the book on the web, but due to the
            current interest in the subject of mythopoeia, I have found no reference at
            all to it. I could be mistaken about the name of the book, but I really
            believe it was 'Mythopoeia'believe it was 'Mythopoeia'<WBR>, a word which
            was u

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
              If the one he wants is really from the 1960s or 1970s, this one is too recent.

              On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:21 PM, <WendellWag@...> wrote:

              > Here's an art book by that title, but I can't tell if it's the right book:
              >
              > _http://designarchives.aiga.org/entry.cfm/eid_2075_
              > (http://designarchives.aiga.org/entry.cfm/eid_2075)
              >
              > Wendell Wagner
              >

              > In a message dated 8/8/2009 12:42:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
              >
              > correspondence@... writes:
              >
              > Anybody have any ideas on this one? Ring any bells?
              >
              > --
              > Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
              > The Mythopoeic Society
              > _http://www.mythsoc.htt_ (http://www.mythsoc.org/) |
              > _correspondence@corresponde_ (mailto:correspondence@...)

            • Lynn Maudlin
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 8, 2009
                It's also not a book of fantastical animals... You know, the idea of this book is niggling at the back of my brain... not sure it was called "Mythopoeia" however... *sigh* Waiting to see what surfaces...

                -- Lynn --