Re: [mythsoc] Is there an adjectival form of "Logres?"

  • Diego Seguí
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2009
      Indeed, 'Logrian' is well attested; see e.g. Reginald Heber's "Morte D'Arthur" (early 19th century?):

      Who then was joyful but the Logrian king?
      Not that his hand a five-fold sceptre bore;
      Not that the Scandian raven's robber wing
      Stoop'd to his dragon banner, and the shore
      Of peopled Gallia, and where ocean hoar
      Girds with his silver ring the island green
      Of saints and heroes; not that paynim gore
      Clung to his blade, and, first in danger seen
      In many a forward fight his golden shield had been.

      Diego Seguí

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2009
        >Indeed, 'Logrian' is well attested; see e.g. Reginald Heber's "Morte D'Arthur" (early 19th century?):
        >
        >>I doubt there is an attested form, but my "vote" would be either for
        >>"Logressian" or (noting that the word derives from Welsh Lloegr)
        >>"Logrian".

        So I take it that "Logrelicious" is out of the question?

        :->

        emerdavid

        PeoplePC Online
        A better way to Internet
        http://www.peoplepc.com
      • Lynn Maudlin
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 7, 2009
          Not for you, David! you can work it into Dylan TolkRock maybe... and her kisses were Logrelicious...

          Well perhaps not!!! {grin}

          -- Lynn --

        • alexeik@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 7, 2009
            I doubt there is an attested form, but my "vote" would be either for
            "Logressian" or (noting that the word derives from Welsh Lloegr)
            "Logrian".

            Carl
            <<

            I would think "Logrian" -- at any rate, it's the form I just used
            myself in the book I'm writing. :-)
            Alexei