Is there an adjectival form of "Logres?"

  • Edith Crowe
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2009
      Just got this query and nothing comes to mind...any of the linguistically
      gifted among you have and answer (or a good guess)?

      --
      Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
      The Mythopoeic Society

    • Carl F. Hostetter
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2009
        I doubt there is an attested form, but my "vote" would be either for
        "Logressian" or (noting that the word derives from Welsh Lloegr)
        "Logrian".

        Carl

        On Aug 5, 2009, at 10:17 PM, Edith Crowe wrote:

        > Just got this query and nothing comes to mind...any of the
        > linguistically
        > gifted among you have and answer (or a good guess)?
        >
        > --
        > Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
        > The Mythopoeic Society
        > http://www.mythsoc.org | correspondence@...

      • Diego Seguí
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6, 2009
          Indeed, 'Logrian' is well attested; see e.g. Reginald Heber's "Morte D'Arthur" (early 19th century?):

          Who then was joyful but the Logrian king?
          Not that his hand a five-fold sceptre bore;
          Not that the Scandian raven's robber wing
          Stoop'd to his dragon banner, and the shore
          Of peopled Gallia, and where ocean hoar
          Girds with his silver ring the island green
          Of saints and heroes; not that paynim gore
          Clung to his blade, and, first in danger seen
          In many a forward fight his golden shield had been.

          Diego Seguí

          I doubt there is an attested form, but my "vote" would be either for
          "Logressian" or (noting that the word derives from Welsh Lloegr)
          "Logrian".

          Carl

          On Aug 5, 2009, at 10:17 PM, Edith Crowe wrote:

          > Just got this query and nothing comes to mind...any of the
          > linguistically
          > gifted among you have and answer (or a good guess)?
          >
          > --
          > Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
          > The Mythopoeic Society
          > http://www.mythsoc org | correspondence@ mythsoc.org

        • David Emerson
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6, 2009
            >Indeed, 'Logrian' is well attested; see e.g. Reginald Heber's "Morte D'Arthur" (early 19th century?):
            >
            >>I doubt there is an attested form, but my "vote" would be either for
            >>"Logressian" or (noting that the word derives from Welsh Lloegr)
            >>"Logrian".

            So I take it that "Logrelicious" is out of the question?

            :->

            emerdavid

            PeoplePC Online
            A better way to Internet
            http://www.peoplepc.com
          • Lynn Maudlin
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 7, 2009
              Not for you, David! you can work it into Dylan TolkRock maybe... and her kisses were Logrelicious...

              Well perhaps not!!! {grin}

              -- Lynn --

            • alexeik@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 7, 2009
                I doubt there is an attested form, but my "vote" would be either for
                "Logressian" or (noting that the word derives from Welsh Lloegr)
                "Logrian".

                Carl
                <<

                I would think "Logrian" -- at any rate, it's the form I just used
                myself in the book I'm writing. :-)
                Alexei