Edith Crowe Nominated for World Fantasy Award

  • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 5 11:06 AM
      --- Original Message ---

      > Our own Edith Crowe has been nominated for a special award with the World
      > Fantasy Award for her work with the MythSoc!

      This is wonderful, Edith, congratulations!

      Joan Marie Verba
    • Edith Crowe
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 5 7:10 PM
        Thanks for all the congrats, guys. I actually heard it from Berni before I
        saw the official email (which was sent to my
        correspondence@.... I still can't believe it. I just
        got back from my presentation at
        the Tolkien Institute in Texas (a great experience) and when I go to catch
        up on my email--this. Wow. I have no idea how I got nominated, but it's
        great--not to mention great publicity for the Society.

        Edith the Gobsmacked
        On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 5:29 AM, Alana Joli Abbott <alanajoli@...>wrote:

        > Congratulations, Edith!
        >
        > On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...<visualweasel%40yahoo.com>>
        > wrote:
        >

        > > Wow, congratulations to Edith!! :)
        > >
        > > Jason
        > >
        > > ________________________________
        > > From: bernip <bernip@... <bernip%40ix.netcom.com> <bernip%
        > 40ix.netcom.com>>

        Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
        The Mythopoeic Society

      • Lynn Maudlin
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 5 10:52 PM
          Ooooh, I like the title, too: Edith the Gobsmacked!! you should do that as a masquerade entry next year in Dallas...!

          -- Lynn --

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Edith Crowe <correspondence@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for all the congrats, guys. I actually heard it from Berni before I
          > saw the official email (which was sent to my
          > correspondence@... I still can't believe it. I just
          > got back from my presentation at
          > the Tolkien Institute in Texas (a great experience) and when I go to catch
          > up on my email--this. Wow. I have no idea how I got nominated, but it's
          > great--not to mention great publicity for the Society.
          >
          > Edith the Gobsmacked
          > On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 5:29 AM, Alana Joli Abbott <alanajoli@...>wrote:
          >

          > > Congratulations, Edith!
          > >
          > > On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...<visualweasel%40yahoo.com>>
          > > wrote:
          > >

          > > > Wow, congratulations to Edith!! :)
          > > >
          > > > Jason
          > > >
          > > > ________________________________
          > > > From: bernip <bernip@... <bernip%40ix.netcom.com> <bernip%
          > > 40ix.netcom.com>>

        • John D Rateliff
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 6 6:04 PM
            Congratulations, Edith. Well done!
            --John R.

            On Aug 4, 2009, at 9:11 PM, bernip wrote:
            > Our own Edith Crowe has been nominated for a special award with the
            > World
            > Fantasy Award for her work with the MythSoc!
            >
            > http://www.locusmag.com/News/2009/08/world-fantasy-awards-nominations.html
            >
            > Congratulations!!!
            >
            > Berni
          • Diane Joy Baker