Re: [mythsoc] somewhat late in posting this

  • Diane Joy Baker
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
      I stayed w/ Mary and Conn one year when I couldn't make Mythcon and had such fun! She introduced me to Veggie Tales! I worked with her on Butterbur's Woodshed. She was a lovely lady, with wonderful literary insights, and I miss her muchly. I look forward to joyuous meetings in the Eternal Realms. ---djb

      From: "Grace Monk"
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [mythsoc] somewhat late in posting this
      Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 21:53:29 -0400

      Dear MythSoc friends,

      I merely wish to remember our friend, Mary Stolzenbach (aka Diamond
      Proudbrook), who died three years ago today. She was a staunch, even
      avid, supporter of the Mythopoeic Society. She roped me in, I am
      grateful to say, and when I met the wonderful Dr. Amy Sturgis, I was
      able to let her know about us, and I'm sure there are others who were
      influenced by Mary to be a part of this wonderful madcap bunch. She
      loved the MythCons and she loved many of us who post to this group.
      She was a woman of interesting talents and varied talents, rhyming
      not
      the least!, and she was a fine and good and caring friend. I miss
      her.

      Grace Walker Monk