Re: somewhat late in posting this

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
      Me too, Grace-- *sigh* what a shock, that year in Norman, Oklahoma...

      Let's raise a virtual pint to our friend and look forward to unabated joy in heaven--

      -- Lynn --

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Grace Monk <gmariemonk@...> wrote:

      > Dear MythSoc friends,
      >
      > I merely wish to remember our friend, Mary Stolzenbach (aka Diamond
      > Proudbrook), who died three years ago today. She was a staunch, even
      > avid, supporter of the Mythopoeic Society. She roped me in, I am
      > grateful to say, and when I met the wonderful Dr. Amy Sturgis, I was
      > able to let her know about us, and I'm sure there are others who were
      > influenced by Mary to be a part of this wonderful madcap bunch. She
      > loved the MythCons and she loved many of us who post to this group.
      > She was a woman of interesting talents and varied talents, rhyming not
      > the least!, and she was a fine and good and caring friend. I miss her.
      >
      > Grace Walker Monk

    • Larry Swain
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
        Grace and Linda and others:

        I never met her or even exchanged personal emails with her.  But for what
        it is worth, I miss her contributions to this and other lists.

        Larry Swain

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
          I stayed w/ Mary and Conn one year when I couldn't make Mythcon and had such fun! She introduced me to Veggie Tales! I worked with her on Butterbur's Woodshed. She was a lovely lady, with wonderful literary insights, and I miss her muchly. I look forward to joyuous meetings in the Eternal Realms. ---djb