somewhat late in posting this

  • Grace Monk
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
      Dear MythSoc friends,

      I merely wish to remember our friend, Mary Stolzenbach (aka Diamond
      Proudbrook), who died three years ago today. She was a staunch, even
      avid, supporter of the Mythopoeic Society. She roped me in, I am
      grateful to say, and when I met the wonderful Dr. Amy Sturgis, I was
      able to let her know about us, and I'm sure there are others who were
      influenced by Mary to be a part of this wonderful madcap bunch. She
      loved the MythCons and she loved many of us who post to this group.
      She was a woman of interesting talents and varied talents, rhyming not
      the least!, and she was a fine and good and caring friend. I miss her.

      Grace Walker Monk
    • Linda DeMars
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
        I still miss her lots and lots. As I said not long ago, although I was
        on three other lists with her ,I actually only met her face to face at
        two conferences (both in Nashville) but I felt she was one of my very
        dearest friends. We emailed each other a lot, I sent her poems I had
        written and we just chatted. I have saved emails I got from her,as
        some else here mentioned they had done.

        She mentioned you to me and said how proud she was of you and what you had done.

        I usually mention her name at my church on All Saints Day.

        Linda DeMars

        On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Grace Monk<gmariemonk@...> wrote:

        > Dear MythSoc friends,
        >
        > I merely wish to remember our friend, Mary Stolzenbach (aka Diamond
        > Proudbrook), who died three years ago today. She was a staunch, even
        > avid, supporter of the Mythopoeic Society. She roped me in, I am
        > grateful to say, and when I met the wonderful Dr. Amy Sturgis, I was
        > able to let her know about us, and I'm sure there are others who were
        > influenced by Mary to be a part of this wonderful madcap bunch. She
        > loved the MythCons and she loved many of us who post to this group.
        > She was a woman of interesting talents and varied talents, rhyming not
        > the least!, and she was a fine and good and caring friend. I miss her.
        >
        > Grace Walker Monk

      • Lynn Maudlin
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
          Me too, Grace-- *sigh* what a shock, that year in Norman, Oklahoma...

          Let's raise a virtual pint to our friend and look forward to unabated joy in heaven--

          -- Lynn --

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Grace Monk <gmariemonk@...> wrote:

          > Dear MythSoc friends,
          >
          > I merely wish to remember our friend, Mary Stolzenbach (aka Diamond
          > Proudbrook), who died three years ago today. She was a staunch, even
          > avid, supporter of the Mythopoeic Society. She roped me in, I am
          > grateful to say, and when I met the wonderful Dr. Amy Sturgis, I was
          > able to let her know about us, and I'm sure there are others who were
          > influenced by Mary to be a part of this wonderful madcap bunch. She
          > loved the MythCons and she loved many of us who post to this group.
          > She was a woman of interesting talents and varied talents, rhyming not
          > the least!, and she was a fine and good and caring friend. I miss her.
          >
          > Grace Walker Monk

        • Larry Swain
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
            Grace and Linda and others:

            I never met her or even exchanged personal emails with her.  But for what
            it is worth, I miss her contributions to this and other lists.

            Larry Swain

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
              I stayed w/ Mary and Conn one year when I couldn't make Mythcon and had such fun! She introduced me to Veggie Tales! I worked with her on Butterbur's Woodshed. She was a lovely lady, with wonderful literary insights, and I miss her muchly. I look forward to joyuous meetings in the Eternal Realms. ---djb