Article on the Hobbit, the Tolkien heirs, and the battle over the proposed movie

  • Linda DeMars
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009
      I noticed quite a few punctuation errors, too. I suppose it is
      another example of publishers considering the job of proofreader not
      as important these days when most writers have spell check on their
      computers. Of course we all know that grammar, etc., is not generally
      emphasized as much in most schools as it was at one time.

      Linda DeMars
    • Lynn Maudlin
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
        Both my grammers are dead...

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Linda DeMars <linda@...> wrote:

        > I noticed quite a few punctuation errors, too. I suppose it is
        > another example of publishers considering the job of proofreader not
        > as important these days when most writers have spell check on their
        > computers. Of course we all know that grammar, etc., is not generally
        > emphasized as much in most schools as it was at one time.
        >
        > Linda DeMars

      • Linda DeMars
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
          OOPs ! I do punctuation and grammar, not spelling. We must have our
          specialities!

          Linda