Re: [mythsoc] Suit vs. the Hobbit

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
      Doug:
      Here's Alana's original post from yesterday, including the link to
      the article:
      --JDR

      On Jul 28, 2009, at 4:49 PM, Alana Joli Abbott wrote:
      > School Library Journal just ran an article about the fight to stop
      > *The
      > Hobbit *from being made (unless the Tolkiens receive the money
      > they're due):
      >
      > http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/article/CA6673069.html?desc=topstory
      >
      > --
      > Alana Joli Abbott, Freelance Writer and Editor (http://www.virgilandbeatrice.com
      > )
      > Author of "Nomi's Wish" (http://coyotewildmag.com/2008/august/abbott_nomis_wish.html
      > ),
      > featured in Coyote Wild Magazine
      > Contributor to Serenity Adventures: http://tinyurl.com/serenity-adventures
      > Contributor to Ransom: The Anthology: http://tinyurl.com/ransombook
      > --
    • John D Rateliff
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
        Vincent
        I'm not clear on whether your objections are to the journalese of
        the article or the facts of the case or the very idea of making the
        film. Can you expand a little on what the "few things" are that need
        be taken into account?
        --John R.