RE: [mythsoc] Suit vs. the Hobbit

  • Doug Kane
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
      Alana, I haven't, but I can. :-)

      _____

      From: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mythsoc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Alana Joli Abbott
      Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 7:27 AM
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Suit vs. the Hobbit

      Doug -- did you post any of that on the "Talkback" at SLJ? I'm sure the
      editors there (some of whom I've done work for) would much rather be
      accurate!
      -Alana

      --
      Alana Joli Abbott, Freelance Writer and Editor (
      http://www.virgilan <http://www.virgilandbeatrice.com> dbeatrice.com)

    • Alana Joli Abbott
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
        Thanks! :)
        -Alana

        --
        Alana Joli Abbott, Freelance Writer and Editor (
        http://www.virgilandbeatrice.com)
        Author of "Nomi's Wish" (
        http://coyotewildmag.com/2008/august/abbott_nomis_wish.html), featured in
        Coyote Wild Magazine
        Contributor to Serenity Adventures: http://tinyurl.com/serenity-adventures
        Contributor to Ransom: The Anthology: http://tinyurl.com/ransombook
      • John D Rateliff
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
          Doug:
          Here's Alana's original post from yesterday, including the link to
          the article:
          --JDR

          On Jul 28, 2009, at 4:49 PM, Alana Joli Abbott wrote:
          > School Library Journal just ran an article about the fight to stop
          > *The
          > Hobbit *from being made (unless the Tolkiens receive the money
          > they're due):
          >
          > http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/article/CA6673069.html?desc=topstory
          >
          > --
          > Alana Joli Abbott, Freelance Writer and Editor (http://www.virgilandbeatrice.com
          > )
          > Author of "Nomi's Wish" (http://coyotewildmag.com/2008/august/abbott_nomis_wish.html
          > ),
          > featured in Coyote Wild Magazine
          > Contributor to Serenity Adventures: http://tinyurl.com/serenity-adventures
          > Contributor to Ransom: The Anthology: http://tinyurl.com/ransombook
          > --
        • John D Rateliff
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
            Vincent
            I'm not clear on whether your objections are to the journalese of
            the article or the facts of the case or the very idea of making the
            film. Can you expand a little on what the "few things" are that need
            be taken into account?
            --John R.