Re: [mythsoc] Suit vs. the Hobbit

  • Alana Joli Abbott
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
      Doug -- did you post any of that on the "Talkback" at SLJ? I'm sure the
      editors there (some of whom I've done work for) would much rather be
      accurate!
      -Alana

      --
      Alana Joli Abbott, Freelance Writer and Editor (
      http://www.virgilandbeatrice.com)
    • Doug Kane
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
        Alana, I haven't, but I can. :-)

        _____

        Doug -- did you post any of that on the "Talkback" at SLJ? I'm sure the
        editors there (some of whom I've done work for) would much rather be
        accurate!
        -Alana

        --
        Alana Joli Abbott, Freelance Writer and Editor (
        http://www.virgilan <http://www.virgilandbeatrice.com> dbeatrice.com)
        Author of "Nomi's Wish" (
        http://coyotewildma
        <http://coyotewildmag.com/2008/august/abbott_nomis_wish.html>
        g.com/2008/august/abbott_nomis_wish.html), featured in
        Coyote Wild Magazine
        Contributor to Serenity Adventures: http://tinyurl.
        <http://tinyurl.com/serenity-adventures> com/serenity-adventures
        Contributor to Ransom: The Anthology: http://tinyurl.
        <http://tinyurl.com/ransombook> com/ransombook

      • Alana Joli Abbott
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
          Thanks! :)
          -Alana

          --
          Alana Joli Abbott, Freelance Writer and Editor (
          http://www.virgilandbeatrice.com)
          Author of "Nomi's Wish" (
          http://coyotewildmag.com/2008/august/abbott_nomis_wish.html), featured in
          Coyote Wild Magazine
          Contributor to Serenity Adventures: http://tinyurl.com/serenity-adventures
          Contributor to Ransom: The Anthology: http://tinyurl.com/ransombook
        • John D Rateliff
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
            Doug:
            Here's Alana's original post from yesterday, including the link to
            the article:
            --JDR

            On Jul 28, 2009, at 4:49 PM, Alana Joli Abbott wrote:
            > School Library Journal just ran an article about the fight to stop
            > *The
            > Hobbit *from being made (unless the Tolkiens receive the money
            > they're due):
            >
            > http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/article/CA6673069.html?desc=topstory
            >
            > --
            > Alana Joli Abbott, Freelance Writer and Editor (http://www.virgilandbeatrice.com
            > )
            > Author of "Nomi's Wish" (http://coyotewildmag.com/2008/august/abbott_nomis_wish.html
            > ),
            > featured in Coyote Wild Magazine
            > Contributor to Serenity Adventures: http://tinyurl.com/serenity-adventures
            > Contributor to Ransom: The Anthology: http://tinyurl.com/ransombook
            > --
          • John D Rateliff
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 29, 2009
              Vincent
              I'm not clear on whether your objections are to the journalese of
              the article or the facts of the case or the very idea of making the
              film. Can you expand a little on what the "few things" are that need
              be taken into account?
              --John R.