Re: [mythsoc] Re: Harry Potter and the Supreme Court Nominee

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 23, 2009
      I haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't comment on the review, other
      than to say that Rowling's work has been striking in how she's written
      about issues that have, as she was publishing the series, become so
      'applicable' that many think she's writing about the specific Now
      rather than the universal Things Are This Way.

      I'm more concerned in that I got Lynn's reply quoting David E.'s post,
      yet I've never gotten Dave Emerson's original posting itself. Did
      anyone else have this trouble?

      --John R.

    • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 24, 2009
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 24, 2009
          I don't believe that I received David's original post, either.

          _____

          > I'm more concerned in that I got Lynn's reply quoting David E.'s post,
          > yet I've never gotten Dave Emerson's original posting itself. Did
          > anyone else have this trouble?

          The original post was in my e-mail box. Messages are archived on the Mythsoc

          list site - posts can be revisited there.

          Joan

        • Lynn Maudlin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 24, 2009
            It looks to me like Yahoo! Groups has changed the way they structure the topics and replies, which I find confusing (old dog, different trick)...

            -- Lynn --