Fwd: Lord of the Rings Radio City Music Hall Website Now Live!

  • Edith Crowe
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21, 2009
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Michael Regina <xoanon@...>
      Date: Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 12:15 PM
      Subject: Lord of the Rings Radio City Music Hall Website Now Live!
      To: Michael Regina <xoanon@...>

      Lord of the Rings Radio City Music Hall Website Now Live! FOTR Weekend in
      New York City: October 9-11, 2009

      Visit: http://www.theradiocitylotrconcert.com

      The full Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring Radio City Music Hall
      website is now live! Visitors are now welcomed to the website with the
      booming voice of Gandalf himself, Sir Ian McKellen, and are encouraged to
      sign up for newsletter updates!

      The website also features forewords from LOTR Composer Howard Shore, Author
      Doug Adams, and the LOTR Fan Committee.

      Be sure to check out bios on artists Howard Shore, Conductor Ludwig Wicki,
      Singer Kaitlyn Lusk, The 21st Century Orchestra, Brooklyn Youth Chorus, and
      The Collegiate Chorale. Visit the multimedia displays section with music &
      video clips!

      Have questions about the concert and the FOTR Weekend? Take a look at our
      info section for all your answers!
      http://www.theradiocitylotrconcert.com/info_questionsandanswers.html

      Special Discount Hotel Rates for LOTR Fans!

      Lord of the Rings fans will receive a special rate at the Park Central Hotel
      in midtown Manhattan.

      Make your reservations online or by calling 1-800-346-1359.
      http://www.reztrip.com/RezTripWeb/specialPromo.do?id=code1%3D9992373%26code2
      %3D10760107

      To qualify for this special rate, all reservations must be made before
      August 24, 2009.

      Park Central Hotel
      870 Seventh Avenue at 56th Street
      New York, NY 10019-4038
      www.ParkCentralNY.com <http://www.parkcentralny.com/>

      Our community section features all the amazing fan sites that are helping to
      promote the event. Want to be listed here? Visit our Media Room and post one
      of our banners on your website, email xoanon@... to let us know
      and we will post your link!
      http://www.theradiocitylotrconcert.com/community.html

      FOTR Weekend in New York City: October 9-11, 2009

      The producers of The Radio City LOTR Concert and the Official Fan Committee
      are pleased to present a weekend packed with LOTR happenings! Scheduled
      events include:

      * The official release of Doug Adams' new book The Music of the Lord of
      the Rings Films
      * Pre-concert talks and post-concert signing sessions with Howard Shore
      and Doug Adams
      * Discussion with Tolkien linguist David Salo, who translated all choral
      lyrics for The Lord of the Rings scores
      * Illustrator/artist Colleen Doran talks about her work
      * The Hobbit discussion-Join fans for a chat!

      More to be announced soon...

      For more information please contact

      Joshua Mehr
      CAMI Music LLC
      (212) 841-9573
      jmehr@...

      All the best,

      Michael Regina
      Editor in Chief - TheOneRing.net
      PH: 514.947.5221
      xoanon@...

      LOTR at Radio City Music Hall in NYC!
      Radio City link: http://tinyurl.com/d86xtu
      Purchase tickets from Ticketmaster: http://tinyurl.com/cawdzy

      --
      Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
      The Mythopoeic Society

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2009
        Notice that in all of this there's no mention that the films derived from
        something else, like, say, a book?

        Wendell Wagner

        In a message dated 7/21/2009 1:55:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        correspondence@... writes:

        Lord of the Rings Radio City Music Hall Website Now Live! FOTR Weekend in
        New York City: October 9-11, 2009

        Visit: _http://www.theradiohttp://www.therahtt_
        (http://www.theradiocitylotrconcert.com/)

        **************What's for dinner tonight? Find quick and easy dinner ideas
        for any occasion.
        (http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000009)

      • Linda DeMars
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2009
          When I went to a Lewis based conference at Belmont College (or
          University) a few years, a highlight of the last night was a
          performance of this score with orchestra and chorus plus scenes fom
          the movie projected on the wall behind. Was this a preview
          performance?

          By the way, this was the last time I saw Stolzi, although we wrote
          back and forth until she had her accident.

          I still miss her....

          Linda DeMars

          On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM, <WendellWag@...> wrote:

          > Notice that in all of this there's no mention that the films derived from
          > something else, like, say, a book?
          >
          > Wendell Wagner
          >

          > In a message dated 7/21/2009 1:55:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          >
          > correspondence@... writes:
          >
          > Lord of the Rings Radio City Music Hall Website Now Live! FOTR Weekend in
          > New York City: October 9-11, 2009
          >
          > Visit: _http://www.theradiohttp://www.therahtt_
          > (http://www.theradiocitylotrconcert.com/)
          >
          > **************What's for dinner tonight? Find quick and easy dinner ideas
          > for any occasion.
          > (http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000009)

        • Lynn Maudlin
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 22, 2009
            There's a BOOK?! really? wow, I'll have to check that out... (she said, tongue firmly in cheek. Must remember to remove before speaking).

            -- Lynn --