RE: [mythsoc] Re: Mythopoeic Awards: 2009 Winners Announced

  • Doug Kane
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 20, 2009
      Congrats, indeed! I was very pleased to hear your name called. Loved your
      acceptance speech; sorry you weren't there to give it personally.

      I also want to thank Sarah Beach and all the people that made Mythcon 40
      such a special weekend.

      Doug

      _____

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 22, 2009
        Congratulations, John! And Doug, it was great to meet you - Mythcons are sooooo much fun! We should all do it again next year, with even more folks attending...

        Start planning now: Dallas, mid-July, with air conditioning...

        -- Lynn --

      • juliet@firinn.org
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
          On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 03:52:59AM -0000, Lynn Maudlin wrote:
          > Start planning now: Dallas, mid-July, with air conditioning...

          Ooh if it's Dallas maybe I can finally go! Of course, I'll have an eight
          month baby by then, so that may limit my ability to be gone all day.

          Julie
        • Margaret Dean
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
            On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM, <juliet@...> wrote:

            > On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 03:52:59AM -0000, Lynn Maudlin wrote:
            >> Start planning now: Dallas, mid-July, with air conditioning...
            >
            > Ooh if it's Dallas maybe I can finally go! Of course, I'll have an eight
            > month baby by then, so that may limit my ability to be gone all day.

            Bring the kid along! Should still be in the portable stage by then... ;)

            --Margaret Dean, who once attended a Mythcon with a year-and-a-bit baby in tow
            <margdean56@...>
          • Lynn Maudlin
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
              Even *part* of a Mythcon is better than no Mythcon at all! And you have no idea how many Mythcon babies we've had, through the years, many of whom have grown up into independently Mythie adults! Sort of a "breed your own" policy... {grin}

              Hope you can make it!
              -- Lynn --