Re: [mythsoc] Harry Potter, an 11 year old view

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5, 2000
      In a message dated 8/4/00 1:10:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kare@...
      writes:

      << You think there are Satanic references in Harry Potter? >>

      Yeah, there are, but you got to look for them in the same way that people
      look for messages in rock music. Look at the sixth sentence of the sixth
      paragraph of the sixth chapter of the first book. (666 - get it?) Reading
      backward from the end of the sentence and taking every sixth letter, you get
      "All power to our Lord Satan. Sacrifice our parents on his altar." Using
      techniques like this on other sections of the Harry Potter books, I've also
      found "Paul is dead," "Turn me on, dead man," "I buried Paul," "Kilroy was
      here," "Whazzup?," "Louie, Louie, me gotta go," "Who is Keyser Sose?," and
      "Toynbee ideas in Kubrick's 2001, resurrect dead on planet Jupiter."

      Am I the only one who's noticed this?

      Wendell Wagner
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5, 2000
        In a message dated 8/5/00 12:07:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
        WendellWag@... writes:

        > Look at the sixth sentence of the sixth
        > paragraph of the sixth chapter of the first book. (666 - get it?)

        Why not the sixth book?
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 5, 2000
          Well, we haven't seen the sixth book yet. Perhaps the *real* meaning will be
          revealed there.