Re: Mythopoeic Awards: 2009 Winners Announced

  • Cathy Akers-Jordan
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 20, 2009
      Indeed! Congrats, John!

      Cathy

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "William Cloud Hicklin" <solicitr@...> wrote:

      > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "hoytrand" <randy@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The Mythopoeic Award winners were announced tonight at Mythcon 40: [http://www.mythsoc.org/news/awards.winners.2009/%5d.
      >

      > > * Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Inklings Studies
      > > John Rateliff, The History of the Hobbit, Part One: Mr. Baggins;
      > > Part Two: Return to Bag-end (Houghton Mifflin, 2007)
      > >

      > Congrats, John! Well-deserved!

    • Doug Kane
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 20, 2009
        Congrats, indeed! I was very pleased to hear your name called. Loved your
        acceptance speech; sorry you weren't there to give it personally.

        I also want to thank Sarah Beach and all the people that made Mythcon 40
        such a special weekend.

        Doug

        _____

        [http://www.mythsoc <http://www.mythsoc.org/news/awards.winners.2009/>
        org/news/awards.winners.2009/].

        > > * Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Inklings Studies
        > > John Rateliff, The History of the Hobbit, Part One: Mr. Baggins;
        > > Part Two: Return to Bag-end (Houghton Mifflin, 2007)
        > >

        > Congrats, John! Well-deserved!

      • Lynn Maudlin
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 22, 2009
          Congratulations, John! And Doug, it was great to meet you - Mythcons are sooooo much fun! We should all do it again next year, with even more folks attending...

          Start planning now: Dallas, mid-July, with air conditioning...

          -- Lynn --

        • juliet@firinn.org
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
            On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 03:52:59AM -0000, Lynn Maudlin wrote:
            > Start planning now: Dallas, mid-July, with air conditioning...

            Ooh if it's Dallas maybe I can finally go! Of course, I'll have an eight
            month baby by then, so that may limit my ability to be gone all day.

            Julie
          • Margaret Dean
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
              On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM, <juliet@...> wrote:

              > On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 03:52:59AM -0000, Lynn Maudlin wrote:
              >> Start planning now: Dallas, mid-July, with air conditioning...
              >
              > Ooh if it's Dallas maybe I can finally go! Of course, I'll have an eight
              > month baby by then, so that may limit my ability to be gone all day.

              Bring the kid along! Should still be in the portable stage by then... ;)

              --Margaret Dean, who once attended a Mythcon with a year-and-a-bit baby in tow
              <margdean56@...>
            • Lynn Maudlin
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
                Even *part* of a Mythcon is better than no Mythcon at all! And you have no idea how many Mythcon babies we've had, through the years, many of whom have grown up into independently Mythie adults! Sort of a "breed your own" policy... {grin}

                Hope you can make it!
                -- Lynn --