Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: Mythopoeic Awards: 2009 Winners Announced

Expand Messages
  • William Cloud Hicklin
    ... Congrats, John! Well-deserved!
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 20, 2009
      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "hoytrand" <randy@...> wrote:
      >
      > The Mythopoeic Award winners were announced tonight at Mythcon 40: [http://www.mythsoc.org/news/awards.winners.2009/%5d.

      >
      > * Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Inklings Studies
      > John Rateliff, The History of the Hobbit, Part One: Mr. Baggins;
      > Part Two: Return to Bag-end (Houghton Mifflin, 2007)
      >


      Congrats, John! Well-deserved!
    • Cathy Akers-Jordan
      Indeed! Congrats, John! Cathy
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 20, 2009
        Indeed! Congrats, John!

        Cathy

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "William Cloud Hicklin" <solicitr@...> wrote:
        >
        > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "hoytrand" <randy@> wrote:
        > >
        > > The Mythopoeic Award winners were announced tonight at Mythcon 40: [http://www.mythsoc.org/news/awards.winners.2009/%5d.
        >
        > >
        > > * Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Inklings Studies
        > > John Rateliff, The History of the Hobbit, Part One: Mr. Baggins;
        > > Part Two: Return to Bag-end (Houghton Mifflin, 2007)
        > >
        >
        >
        > Congrats, John! Well-deserved!
        >
      • Doug Kane
        Congrats, indeed! I was very pleased to hear your name called. Loved your acceptance speech; sorry you weren t there to give it personally. I also want to
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 20, 2009
          Congrats, indeed! I was very pleased to hear your name called. Loved your
          acceptance speech; sorry you weren't there to give it personally.

          I also want to thank Sarah Beach and all the people that made Mythcon 40
          such a special weekend.

          Doug

          _____

          From: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mythsoc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
          Cathy Akers-Jordan
          Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 6:03 AM
          To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [mythsoc] Re: Mythopoeic Awards: 2009 Winners Announced




          Indeed! Congrats, John!

          Cathy

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups <mailto:mythsoc%40yahoogroups.com> .com, "William
          Cloud Hicklin" <solicitr@...> wrote:
          >
          > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups <mailto:mythsoc%40yahoogroups.com> .com,
          "hoytrand" <randy@> wrote:
          > >
          > > The Mythopoeic Award winners were announced tonight at Mythcon 40:
          [http://www.mythsoc <http://www.mythsoc.org/news/awards.winners.2009/>
          org/news/awards.winners.2009/].
          >
          > >
          > > * Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Inklings Studies
          > > John Rateliff, The History of the Hobbit, Part One: Mr. Baggins;
          > > Part Two: Return to Bag-end (Houghton Mifflin, 2007)
          > >
          >
          >
          > Congrats, John! Well-deserved!
          >






          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Lynn Maudlin
          Congratulations, John! And Doug, it was great to meet you - Mythcons are sooooo much fun! We should all do it again next year, with even more folks
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 22, 2009
            Congratulations, John! And Doug, it was great to meet you - Mythcons are sooooo much fun! We should all do it again next year, with even more folks attending...

            Start planning now: Dallas, mid-July, with air conditioning...

            -- Lynn --

            --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Kane" <dougkane@...> wrote:
            >
            > Congrats, indeed! I was very pleased to hear your name called. Loved your
            > acceptance speech; sorry you weren't there to give it personally.
            >
            > I also want to thank Sarah Beach and all the people that made Mythcon 40
            > such a special weekend.
            >
            > Doug
            >
            > _____
            >
            > From: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mythsoc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
            > Cathy Akers-Jordan
            > Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 6:03 AM
            > To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [mythsoc] Re: Mythopoeic Awards: 2009 Winners Announced
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > Indeed! Congrats, John!
            >
            > Cathy
            >
            > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups <mailto:mythsoc%40yahoogroups.com> .com, "William
            > Cloud Hicklin" <solicitr@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups <mailto:mythsoc%40yahoogroups.com> .com,
            > "hoytrand" <randy@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > The Mythopoeic Award winners were announced tonight at Mythcon 40:
            > [http://www.mythsoc <http://www.mythsoc.org/news/awards.winners.2009/>
            > org/news/awards.winners.2009/].
            > >
            > > >
            > > > * Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Inklings Studies
            > > > John Rateliff, The History of the Hobbit, Part One: Mr. Baggins;
            > > > Part Two: Return to Bag-end (Houghton Mifflin, 2007)
            > > >
            > >
            > >
            > > Congrats, John! Well-deserved!
            > >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            >
          • juliet@firinn.org
            ... Ooh if it s Dallas maybe I can finally go! Of course, I ll have an eight month baby by then, so that may limit my ability to be gone all day. Julie
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
              On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 03:52:59AM -0000, Lynn Maudlin wrote:
              > Start planning now: Dallas, mid-July, with air conditioning...

              Ooh if it's Dallas maybe I can finally go! Of course, I'll have an eight
              month baby by then, so that may limit my ability to be gone all day.

              Julie
            • Margaret Dean
              ... Bring the kid along! Should still be in the portable stage by then... ;) --Margaret Dean, who once attended a Mythcon with a year-and-a-bit baby in tow
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
                On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM, <juliet@...> wrote:
                >
                >
                > On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 03:52:59AM -0000, Lynn Maudlin wrote:
                >> Start planning now: Dallas, mid-July, with air conditioning...
                >
                > Ooh if it's Dallas maybe I can finally go! Of course, I'll have an eight
                > month baby by then, so that may limit my ability to be gone all day.

                Bring the kid along! Should still be in the portable stage by then... ;)


                --Margaret Dean, who once attended a Mythcon with a year-and-a-bit baby in tow
                <margdean56@...>
              • Lynn Maudlin
                Even *part* of a Mythcon is better than no Mythcon at all! And you have no idea how many Mythcon babies we ve had, through the years, many of whom have grown
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
                  Even *part* of a Mythcon is better than no Mythcon at all! And you have no idea how many Mythcon babies we've had, through the years, many of whom have grown up into independently Mythie adults! Sort of a "breed your own" policy... {grin}

                  Hope you can make it!
                  -- Lynn --


                  --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, juliet@... wrote:
                  >
                  > On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 03:52:59AM -0000, Lynn Maudlin wrote:
                  > > Start planning now: Dallas, mid-July, with air conditioning...
                  >
                  > Ooh if it's Dallas maybe I can finally go! Of course, I'll have an eight
                  > month baby by then, so that may limit my ability to be gone all day.
                  >
                  > Julie
                  >
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.